Do you want more people to find your website?
Then make sure you know what SEO is!
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization,” and it’s the best way to get online visibility.
Here are tips from our squad to help make 2023 a banner year for your small business.
Keeping up with the SEO Best Practices for 2023 is vital if you want people to put more profits in your pockets.
Optimize Your Website for Google Discover
Do you want more people to find your website?
Google Discover can make that happen!
When people use the Google app, they can see articles from your website in their Google Discover feed. That means more visitors to your website and more eyes on your unique, high-quality valuable content.
Plus, it’s super easy—all you have to do is fill out a few forms, and you’re good to go!
So what are you waiting for? This is one of the hottest tips in 2023 to improve your search engine optimization efforts.
Get ready to get discovered with Google Discover!
How to Optimize Your Website for Google Discover
If you own a small business, optimizing your website for Google Discover can help more people find it. Here’s SEO Best Practices for 2023 to follow::
- Put important information on your website at the top of each page. People using Google Discover will see this first. So make sure it’s exciting and includes search terms to help Google know what your site is about.
- Make sure your images are big and clear. When someone scrolls through Google Discover, they’ll be able to see pictures and recognize the topic of your site faster.
- Use tags! Tags are like labels that tell Google how to categorize your site and make it easier to find in Google search.
Following these steps will help you reach more potential customers!
Simplify Your Text With Bullet Points
Using bullet points can be helpful for your web copy!
- Bullet points are easy to spot in a long text so readers can quickly find the vital information they need.
- Each point is concise, which makes it easier to read and understand.
- Readers can scan the bullet points to get an overall picture of your content quality before digging deeper.
- Having bullets make the information look organized and clean, giving readers peace of mind.
- Writing out a few bullet points takes seconds, but they can make a big difference in helping you get your message across quickly and clearly.
A Simple SEO Strategy On How to Add More Bullet Points to Your Web Copy
If you’re a small business owner wanting to upgrade your web copy, adding bullet points is a great idea!
Here are some quick tips on how to do it:
- Keep it simple: Use easy words for everyone to understand.
- Make sure each point has one central idea: People can skim and quickly get the point.
- Try adding visuals or images: It’ll make your bullet points look more exciting and stand out!
- Get creative: Try making fun puns or rhymes to make your message more memorable.
- Leave room for feedback: Don’t be afraid to ask questions in your bullet points to get people talking.
The Benefits of Speeding Up Your Website
If your website takes too long to load, it can be a big problem!
It’s like playing hide and seek with people online. If they wait too long to find what they’re looking for, they’ll give up and move on to something else.
Plus, when Google comes across slow websites, they’ll rank them lower so fewer people will see them.
So, below are some SEO Best Practices for 2023 to help you speed things up.
That way, the user experience will be better on your site.
How to Speed Up Your Website
If you’re a small business owner, you need your website to be fast – so customers don’t get frustrated and leave!
Here are a few quick SEO Best Practices for 2023 for speeding up your website:
- Reduce the size of your images. It’ll take extra time if your website is loaded with high-resolution photos. Try compressing your images before uploading them to your site.
- Get rid of unnecessary plugins. Plugins can slow down your website, so delete any plugins you don’t need.
- Minimize redirects. Redirects are like detours – they make your website takes longer to reach its destination. Try to cut down on redirects as much as possible.
- Use caching tools. Letting customers save their pages in their browser’s cache can speed up loading times significantly.
Follow these tips to speed up your website and help keep customers happy!
The Benefits of Using the Google Search Console
Hey, small business owner! Do you want your website to be the best it can be?
It would help if you used Google Search Console. It’s like a super helpful friend, ready to help you find any problems with your website and ensure everything is running smoothly. Plus, the console gives tips on making your website even more remarkable – cool, right?
So how does this work?
First, set up your search console account on the Google website so you can start exploring. Then, look for errors or warnings that might show up. These could be broken links, slow loading times, or other technical issues. Once you’ve found them, don’t worry – there are easy ways to fix them.
The Search Console can also give you insights into how your website is doing on Google,.
You’ll see what relevant long-tail keywords and any other search query people use to find your page, which pages have the most visitors, and even where people visit! With this info, you can learn what’s working and needs improvement.
Google Search Console is a fantastic tool full of helpful features. Give it a try and watch your website soar!
How to Use Google Search Console to Get More Customers
Do you have a small business? Want more customers?
Google Search Console can help. It’s easy to use and super helpful!
- Create an account with your website address.
- Then, submit your site map, so Google knows what content is on your site.
- Next, use Fetch as Google tool to make sure Google can access your website.
- You should also set up tracking for how people find you. Doing this will give you data about what words bring people to your website. With that information, you can start creating content people are searching for. Plus, you can use it to run Google Ads campaigns to target your audience even more precisely.
- Lastly, often check your Search Console error reports and resolve errors fast. Doing this will ensure customers will be able to find your website easily. That way, they’ll keep coming back over and over again!
The Benefits of Creating a Content Strategy Around Shoulder Niches
Creating high-quality content about “shoulder niches” is a great way to help grow your small business.
These niches are topics, products, or services related to what you do that get little attention.
Writing blog posts, videos, or articles about these topics can help make people aware of what you offer and give your business more exposure.
You may even draw in new customers who never even knew you existed!
Plus, you can stand out from other businesses when you write about shoulder niches.
Because only some others are talking about them, why not be the one who does?
How to Create Content Around Shoulder Niches
Promoting your small business can seem like a big job, but it doesn’t have to be complicated.
With content marketing, you can create exciting stories and articles that will get people interested in your company.
Content around shoulder niches is a great way to do this. What are shoulder niches? They’re topics related to your main business ideas, like side products or services.
For example, if you sell art supplies, you could write about:
- the history of paints and drawing tools,
- painting tips and tricks,
- or a DIY tutorial on framing artwork.
It’s all about creating a piece of content that brings people closer to your brand.
So get creative with your ideas, and publish them online!
Make Sure You Utilize Internal Links On Your Website
If you have a small business with a website, it can be helpful to use internal links.
Internal links are like highways that help visitors find more info on your site.
They also help your site get found by Google so more customers can learn about what you’re selling.
Adding internal links to your web pages makes it easier for visitors to explore and discover different pages on your site, it creates a positive user experience.
More time spent on your website makes it more likely for them to try out what you offer.
And when Google sees lots of people exploring your website’s different pages, they think it must be an essential website.
When all that happens, your business will appear higher in search results!
How to Set Up Internal Links On Your Site
If you want more customers to visit your small business website, internal links are a great way to do it.
Here are the SEO Best Practices for 2023 to using them.
It’s easy to add internal links to your website.
Choose the words you want to link and then type in the page URL where the visitor should go next.
Then mark it as a link, and voila – you’ve got a new internal link!
Adding internal links will ensure visitors see everything your small business offers, so remember to link up.
Get Backlinks From Your Visual Assets
Linking to pictures on your website is a great way to get people’s attention.
When you have links leading to your images, it’s like having signs pointing right to your business.
People can easily find your photos and see what you have to offer.
It also helps search engines like Google recognize your business as legit. They will show it higher up in the search results when this happens.
Having links also gives you more credibility with customers.
If someone sees that your site has lots of links pointing to it, they’ll assume you’re trustworthy.
How to Earn Backlinks to Your Visual Assets
Getting backlinks to your website is a great way to get more people to see what you offer.
A backlink is when another website connects its website to yours.
Backlinks can build trust with prospects and let them know that your site is reliable.
To earn backlinks, start by creating striking visuals for your website.
Post them on social media – like pictures, videos, or infographics – and include a link to your site.
Please ensure the visuals are exciting and easy to understand so that other people will want to share them!
Also, try reaching out to bloggers or influencers interested in writing about your business.
If they think your piece of content is interesting enough, they might feature it on their site.
Making sure our website gets optimized for search engines is vital if we want our little business to keep doing great.
We can learn from other SEO companies to help our website get more organic traffic and customers.
Updating ourselves on the changing world of SEO and utilizing the available SEO tools is critical to ensuring that, in 2023, our small businesses will stay successful!
If you’re interested in learning more about our SEO Agency, reading our case studies is a great place to start.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the key SEO trends for 2023? For 2023, SEO trends are gravitating towards user experience, core web vitals, AI-driven optimizations, voice search, video search, and a continued emphasis on content quality and relevancy.
2. How have Core Web Vitals impacted SEO in 2023? Core Web Vitals, introduced by Google, focus on loading performance, interactivity, and visual stability of a page. They have become crucial ranking factors, making website speed and usability more critical than ever for SEO.
3. Is voice search optimization still relevant this year? Yes, optimizing for voice search remains vital with the proliferation of smart speakers and voice assistants. This often involves targeting more natural language, question-based queries, and ensuring concise, straightforward answers in content.
4. How has AI influenced SEO strategies in 2023? AI, especially Google’s BERT, has made search engines more brilliant at understanding user intent and context. SEO now requires content to be genuinely valuable, relevant, and user-friendly instead of targeting specific keywords.
5. What is E-A-T, and why is it important for 2023? E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. Search engines use these criteria to evaluate the credibility of a website or content creator. In 2023, E-A-T has become even more critical for achieving high rankings.
6. Are backlinks still significant in 2023? Yes, backlinks remain a strong ranking signal. However, the focus has shifted more towards the quality of the backlink rather than sheer quantity. Earning links from high-authority and relevant sites is essential.
7. How crucial is mobile-first optimization this year? With mobile search queries consistently surpassing desktop, mobile-first optimization remains paramount. In 2023, ensuring a seamless mobile user experience and fast loading times can significantly impact rankings.
8. How should I approach video content for SEO in 2023? Video content has seen immense growth. Incorporate video into your content strategy, optimize video titles, descriptions, and transcripts for search, and host on platforms like YouTube to enhance visibility.
9. What’s the role of schema markup this year? Schema markup helps search engines better understand the context of your content. In 2023, using schema can boost your chances of getting rich snippets and enhance visibility in SERPs.
10. Are long-tail keywords still effective for SEO? Absolutely. Long-tail keywords often align closely with user intent and can be less competitive. They remain a cornerstone for niche targeting and content specificity.
11. How do I ensure content relevancy in 2023? Focus on your audience’s needs, conduct regular keyword research, keep up with industry trends, and update outdated content. Also, consider semantic SEO, understanding topics holistically rather than just isolated keywords.
12. How can I future-proof my SEO strategy beyond 2023? Stay updated with industry changes, prioritize user experience, invest in high-quality, evergreen content, and continuously monitor and adapt to data and analytics insights.
These FAQs aim to shed light on the evolving SEO landscape in 2023, ensuring businesses can adapt and thrive digitally. Staying updated and agile is the key to SEO success in this dynamic environment.
1. AI (Artificial Intelligence): Technology that enables machines, especially computers, to mimic human-like thinking and decision-making processes.
2. BERT: A neural network-based technique for natural language processing developed by Google. It helps the search engine understand the context of words in search queries.
3. Core Web Vitals: Metrics introduced by Google that measure web usability aspects such as loading performance, interactivity, and visual stability.
4. E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness): Criteria used by search engines to evaluate the credibility of web content or its creator.
5. Long-tail Keywords: Longer, more specific keyword phrases that visitors are more likely to use when they’re closer to the point of purchase or when using voice search.
6. Mobile-first Optimization: Designing and optimizing a website primarily for mobile device usability and experience before considering desktop.
7. Rich Snippets: Enhanced search results that provide more information than typical listings, such as ratings or prices, often achieved through schema markup.
8. Schema Markup: A form of microdata that provides search engines with additional information about the content, aiding in the understanding and representing that content in SERPs.
9. Semantic SEO: An approach to SEO that focuses on meaning, context, and intent behind a query rather than just matching keywords.
10. SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages): Pages displayed by search engines in response to a user’s search query.
11. User Experience (UX): The overall experience a person has when interacting with a website, including its usability, accessibility, and efficiency.
12. Voice Search Optimization: Tailoring SEO efforts to cater to voice search queries, often using natural language and answering common questions.
13. Video SEO: Techniques used to optimize video content for search engine traffic, including keyword optimization in titles, descriptions, and transcripts.
Understanding these terms is vital for any business or individual diving into the SEO landscape in 2023. By keeping these definitions at the forefront, creating and implementing an effective SEO strategy becomes more intuitive and effective.
More Resources for Your Small Business
In addition to the free SEO consultation offer, our accomplished co-founder Matt LaClear has developed many other helpful SEO resources. With over 13,000 campaigns completed since starting in 2009, Matt has extensive knowledge to draw from.
He has created guides on:
- Why My SEO Isn’t Working – Troubleshooting SEO Problems
- SEO Company for Small Business – Tailored SEO for Small Businesses
- Keyword Research Services – Keyword Research Services
- Link Building Services – Link Building Services
- Algorithm Update Recovery Services – Algorithm Update Recovery Services
- Conversion Rate Optimization Services – Conversion Rate Optimization Services
- SEO Audit Services – SEO Audit Services
- Keyword Research Strategies – Keyword Research Strategies
- Link Building Tips – Link Building Tips
- SEO Low Hanging Fruit – SEO Low Hanging Fruit
- Tech SEO Checklist – Tech SEO Checklist
- Local SEO – Local SEO
- How to Get Traffic to Your Blog – How to Get Traffic to Your Blog
- SEO Case Studies – SEO Case Studies
- White Label SEO Services (For Agencies Only) – White Label SEO Services (For Agencies Only)
A Special Offer from the Author
We want to remind our readers that our accomplished co-founder, Matt LaClear, created this page’s SEO tips and resources.
With over 13,277 SEO campaigns completed for clients since starting in the industry in 2009, Matt has extensive experience and knowledge to draw from.
Matt’s devotion to sharing actionable SEO guidance stems from his passion for empowering businesses to maximize online success.
His tips offer invaluable insights for companies looking to improve their website’s search visibility and traffic.
We encourage readers to take advantage of Matt’s special limited-time offer for a free custom SEO strategy call.
On this 45-minute call, Matt will provide tailored advice and clarity on the best SEO solutions for your unique business goals and needs.
With over a decade of optimized SEO campaigns, Matt is uniquely positioned to provide the specific SEO insights and direction to take your online presence to the next level.
Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to tap into his wealth of SEO expertise completely free of charge.